Pradhan Mantri Solar Panel Yojana:-Pradhan Mantri Solar Panel Yojana has been started by the government under the Ministry of Power and New and Renewable Energy. The objective of the Pradhan Mantri Solar Panel Scheme is to provide additional income sources to the farmers of India and to double the income of the farmers by the year 2022. The Prime Minister Solar Panel Scheme has been named KUSUM Yojana by the government.
Pradhan Mantri Solar Panel Yojana will provide two types of benefits to farmers. First, they will be able to use solar panel powered irrigation pumps replacing the old diesel irrigation pumps, and secondly by selling the power generated from the field solar plant to various power companies. Will be able to get up to Rs 6000 as additional income.
Prime Minister Solar Panel Plan Budget 2021
The Union Government has announced to push this scheme in the budget 2020 so that it can meet the irrigation and electricity needs of the farmers themselves. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced the extension of the Prime Minister Solar Panel Scheme on Saturday 1 February 2020. The government has made another big announcement under this scheme that the government will give 60% of the total cost of the solar pump as a subsidy to the farmers. While presenting the budget of 2020, the Finance Minister has said that under the Prime Minister Solar Panel Scheme 2020, 20 lakh farmers of the country will be benefited.
Pradhan Mantri Solar Panel Yojana 2021
This solar panel scheme is providing the option for farmers to earn up to Rs 80000 annually. Under Pradhan Mantri Solar Panel Yojana, farmers can make electricity from solar energy by putting solar panels on their barren lands and can earn money every month by selling it to various government and non-government power companies.
Under the Prime Minister Solar Panel Scheme (Kusum Scheme), 5 acres of land is required to set up a 1-megawatt solar plant i.e. 1 acre of land generates 0.2 megawatts of electricity. The farmers of the country who want to take advantage of this scheme and apply for it, read this article carefully till the end.
Pradhan Mantri Solar Panel Yojana FREE
Under this scheme, arrangements will be made to run 17.5 lakh irrigation pumps in the first phase with the help of a tire panel. Under this scheme, by 2022, three crore irrigation pumps in the country will be provided with solar energy instead of electricity or diesel. The PM Free Solar Panel Scheme 2020 will help curb diesel consumption and crude oil imports.
Under this scheme, 15 lakh farmers (15 million farmers will be provided funds to install grid-connected solar pumps.) Will be provided for installing grid-connected solar pumps. A budget of 50 thousand crores has been presented by the Finance Minister under this scheme (A budget of 50 thousand crores has been presented by the Finance Minister).
Kusum Solar Panel Yojana
Under the Kusum Solar Panel scheme, farmers who set up solar power plants in their fields and generate electricity can directly benefit by selling additional power to the power companies. According to the Ministry of Power and New and Renewable Energy, electricity produced through this scheme will be purchased by DISCOMs (Distribution Companies).
The purpose of the Pradhan Mantri Solar Panel Yojana
The objective of the Prime Minister Solar Panel Scheme is to empower the farmers of the country and to provide them additional options of hi, this scheme will definitely make the farmers of the country self-reliant and also double their income.
Petrol and diesel will also be used for irrigation purposes and at the same time provide additional monthly income. Chances are that if you set up a 1-megawatt solar plant on your 5 acres of land, then you will be given 30 paise per unit by the power companies and a 1-megawatt solar plant generates 11 lakh units of electricity in 1 year.
Key Points Pradhan Mantri Solar Panel Yojana
- Scheme Name Pradhan Mantri Solar Panel Yojana
- Launched by Indian Government
- Department Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
- Status Active
- Beneficiary Farmers of the Country
- Start Date to Apply Available Now
- Last Date to Apply Not Yet Declared
- Category Central Government Scheme
- Cost of Scheme Rs 10000 crore
- The time duration of Scheme 10 Years
- Mode of Application Online
- Motive To Double Farmers Income
- Official website
Pradhan Mantri Solar Panel Yojana Important Documents (Eligibility)
- Applicant must be a resident of India
- Aadhar Card
- Postal address
- Farmer’s land documents like Khasra Khatauni etc.
- Declaration letter
- Bank account passbook
- mobile number
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Solar Panel Yojana
- Farmers can eliminate or save petroleum fuel costs by installing solar irrigation pumps.
- Another benefit of the schemes is that farmers can sell surplus power directly to the government.
- Kusum Yojana is a dual benefit scheme of the central government.
- Pradhan Mantri Solar Panel Scheme will provide additional income to those farmers who will install solar power plants on their land
- This scheme will be transferred up to Rs 6000 per month.
- Under the solar plant, the farmer can easily grow vegetables, pulses, etc.
Silent Factors Pradhan Mantri Solar Panel Yojana
- The central government has allocated Rs 48000 crore for the Kusum scheme for a period of ten years.
- The plan will begin with building a 10,000 MW solar plant on wastelands and providing 1.75 million off-grid agricultural solar pumps.
- It will promote decentralized solar power generation, reduce the transmission losses of DISCOMS as well as support to improve the financial health of DISCOMs by reducing the subsidy burden in the agricultural sector.
- Farmers can cultivate small vegetable crops by drawing the chart below the solar power plant
Prime Minister Free Solar Panel Registration 2021
If you want to apply online, register under the Prime Minister Solar Panel Scheme, first go to the official website of MNRE, after which read all the detailed guidelines related to the scheme, eligibility benefits, etc. Electricity distribution companies and nodal agencies and MNRE will implement the scheme for which detailed guidelines will be issued soon.
As well as the Ministry of new and Renewal energy was also told that any wrong/duplicate or false website should be avoided by depositing any registration fee to the beneficiaries and general public or sharing their data on such websites. They can contact their distribution companies or state renewable energy nodal agencies for any information in this regard.
- Download KUSUM Scheme PIB Notification
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Block-14, CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110 003, India.